Pressure Tank Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

davrollins

Reaction score
I'm in need of a new pressure tank and am looking for some advice. The first question I have is whether this is a task I should try myself. I'm pretty handy and have worked with plumbing before. Also, the house is about 10 years old, so the piping isn't all the old. The current tank is connected to a brass fitting and then coupled into PVC piping.

The second question is I've noticed a lot of different brands out there. I typically believe in the you get what you pay for philosophy and notice there could be as much as a $50 difference between brands of the same size tanks. I currently have a Con-Aire and the models I can find in my area are Flotech, WellSaver and Simer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would stay away from all the brands you mentioned. The ConAire you have is the big brother to the Flotec. I have no idea who makes Simer's tank, but they are an offshoot of Red Jacket who is owned by ITT and they don't make tanks, so it's anybodys guess what the real brand name is.

Stick with Flexcon or Well-X-Trol. Take a look at the CSV's also. You can save money and protect your pump while having constant pressure.

bob...

davrollins

Reaction score
Thanks, Bob. I did find a plumbing supply store in the area that carries the Flexcon line, so I'll see what they have.

As far as the installation goes, if I get a tank with the same diameter pipe as the old one, how difficult a process is it to chnage out?

Thanks again.

ktot

Reaction score
What are CSVs?

This (quoted below) is an old post, from 2005, but I have two questions.

1. What is CSVs (I tried googling it but found nothing likely)?

2. Do the recommendations still stand, to stay away from ConAire, etc., go with Flexcon and Well-X-Trol? And, please, why those recommendations, non-recommendations?

I would stay away from all the brands you mentioned. The ConAire you have is the big brother to the Flotec. I have no idea who makes Simer's tank, but they are an offshoot of Red Jacket who is owned by ITT and they don't make tanks, so it's anybodys guess what the real brand name is.

Stick with Flexcon or Well-X-Trol. Take a look at the CSV's also. You can save money and protect your pump while having constant pressure.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks