More Flow for Hand Held Shower Head

Users who are viewing this thread

FJK

Reaction score
I've use 2 different brands of hand held shower heads & I don't think either produces enough flow, due to water conservation flow restrictors. I seem to remember seeing a shower head that has a removable flow restrictor, but I can't remember the brand name. Can anyone recall this or describe how to increase the flow with my existing hand held shower.
Thanks, FJK

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some shower heads have removable flow restrictors. I'm not sure about hand-helds. You can try drilling a larger orifice, but I can't guarantee that it won't ruin the shower head.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
Some shower heads have removable flow restrictors. I'm not sure about hand-helds. You can try drilling a larger orifice, but I can't guarantee that it won't ruin the shower head.

I did exactly that to mine a week ago. I wish now that I had drilled it a little smaller. If you do decide to do this, start with a drill bit you think is too small and work your way up till the flow is what you are looking for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks