Toto toilet question

Users who are viewing this thread

JRS 73

Reaction score
We recently purchased a new home, and it has a Toto Augusta toilet installed in the main bathroom. This toilet flushes too well. Everytime the toilet is flushed water splashes out from the bowl onto the seat, tank, and onto the floor. Any suggestions on the cause of this and how to correct the problem short of replacing the toilet. Thanks in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I just looked through the TOTOUSA website and did not see a model called AUGUSTA. You sure it is a TOTO?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Toto calls their line of residential products "Augusta" and their commercial line "Reliance".
Usually it is the Carusoe or Reliance that splashes.
There is no fix for this, it's the design of the flush (it's like a waterfall).
The only advise i have received from Toto is replace it with another series like a Dalton or a Drake.
The Dalton bowl will fit the Carusoe or Reliane tank and is "Comfort Height".
Toto paid for the new bowl but will not cover the labour.

Rancho

Reaction score
I also have a Augusta toilet and I'm tired of it splashing water and having to clean the water off the underside of the lid after every flush.
Since there is no way to test flushing toilets before purchase, how can I find a replacement toilet that is guaranteed to not have the same problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks