Pump cycles on and off every couple of minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan K

Reaction score
My system is not holding presure. The pump comes on then shuts off at 40 PSI. The presure then drops rapidly to 20 PSI and comes on again to start the cycle all over again. Is this a problem with the tank (Blue) or a check valve? Also can I adjust my water preasure settings with the current switch I have or are the switches rated? Will I need a different one?

Last edited:
R

Rancher

You have a leak. It is either in the well, or in the house. If you have a shut off valve to the house close it and see if the losing of pressure stops.

This is not a "Blue" tank problem, it could be a check valve problem.

If you have a Square D pressure switch, take off the cover, adjust the center nut clockwise to raise the pressure.

We need more information to really help.

Pump - Submersible/Jet/ one pipe down the well or 2?

Rancher

Dan K

Reaction score
Rancher, Sumersible pump, one line. I can get preasure it just go down right away. Leak is not in the house it is on the well side. Should I leave this to Pro? The check valve is in line with the pump in the casing.

Speedbump

Reaction score
The check valve should be at the top of the pump. They all come with one. You could also have a leaky pitless adaptor or a hole in your pipe or fittings in the well.

I think you have answered your own question about leaving it to a pro.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks