Water meter to pvc connection??

Users who are viewing this thread

Roshe

Reaction score
Greetings. I've just had a water meter installed and plan on running 1" pvc to the house. I need to know if there is a 'preferred' fitting, for connecting the pvc to the brass meter. Can I use a male pvc connector or should I use some type of 'transition' fitting? Thanks for any input. Roshe

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pvc

I am not sure how they do it there, but in most areas you have to use at least 3' of copper tubing at each end of the PVC to make the connections to the house and meter. Normally it is done with male PVC adapters into female copper connectors. The male adapters are quite fragile and have a tendency to crack quite frequently. A schedule 80 PVC nipple with one thread glued into a coupling on the PVC pipe is a better way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks