Aquia comments on installation

Users who are viewing this thread

lars

Reaction score
A couple of comments as a novice.
1. Very hard to drill through tile but after several hours and bits I got it done with a 1/4 bit. Their template was hard to use but was accurate.
2. I did not use the plastic inserts but bolted it to the floor with their screws for the toilet secure pieces and decking screws for the back of the unifit. I was able to do this because I installed the tile over plywood It worked well but holes for the toilet secure were off by 10 degrees. So for any novices make sure that you use a method to keep the holes straight like masking tape on the tile( found out after I drilled).
3. Despite being slightly off the toilet slid in fine. Of note when I secured the toilet I did not have the screws straight so the caps are at a slight angle but this is a cosmetic issue; the toilet is secure.
4. One thing I would like Terry to comment on if he reads this is that no matter how hard I pushed and torqued and shoved; the unifit is exposed in the back. I am putting a cabinet in so it will not be seen but I do not understand this. I looked before I installed the top and the bowl was all the way on against the unifit. Is this common?
5. Overall , I am very happy. It flushes like a Tsunami and after one week of use there are no leaks. I do not hear weird noises. In fact it is much quieter than the carlyles I own. The only down side is that it is tougher to install than a regular toilet like the drake. I also wish they had recessed the caps like the carlyle. I did not have any issues attaching the top tank. It made sense to torque each side a few turns at a time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks