PRV outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie M

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PRV outlet pipe running from beneath my combi-boiler through the wall to the outside of my building. I am wondering if it is okay to redirect it into the overflow outlet beneath the heater, which runs into the general waste pipe of the building. Cheers

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's probably a Temperature and Pressure safety valve, not a pressure reduction valve. The problem with them is that when it blows, the water can be hot enough to flash into steam...very dangerous stuff. If it is leaking, it probably should be replaced - they don't last forever. If it is weeping, double check the state of the expansion tank...it could be shot causing the valve to leak when the boiler kicks in. It is generally safer to have them discharge outside. Check with the local codes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks