Bathfitters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
A friend had Bathfitters at there house, their estimate was 5 grand! For just the tub and surround. :eek:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
And they get it all the time. Those guys will purposely stay for the entirety of the day to get one of those done.

Gotta figure that people have to take off work when a contractor is in their home so they feel that the tradeoff as opposed to a plumber/tileman/drywaller/anyone else would add up to the same most likely, and take a week to weeks to do. That guarantee that most likely can be done in a day is hard to compete against.

I've done work behind them. It's always best to get the drain assembly and faucet replaced first before they come in.......as opposed to them doing trim kits that sometimes covers a disaster.

Cookie

Reaction score
They have no desire to use them. He also, quoted, 13,000 for doing the entire bathroom. When, he figured out they weren't interested, he gathered his samples, got indignant, then, told my friend and her husband, " if anyone else comes in and says, under 13,000 they will do a half/arsed job." They were amused.

cbl

Reaction score
I don't charge enough!

I install BCI tub liner systems. My prices start at $2900.00 for a basic tub liner and 3 walls. My average customers spend about $4000. Thicker materials and Lifetime warranty to boot...

FYI we can do a tub liner, walls, ceiling panel, window kit, diverter, new drain, etc. in one day.

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Cookie,
I have a friend who once subbed from them for plumbing...they paid him a flate rate for replacing shower valves, which was enough to cover labor, but not permits.
He stopped doing work for them, he had a bad feeling.

Over a year later the local plumbing board subpoena'd their records and forced them to go back and pull dozens of permits...the new plumber got into serious trouble...license was suspended. (for a year...I think.)
They charge a hefty amount for the short time they're there...then to tell the plumber "Thats your responsibility...we don't pay for it".
I then called one of their local competitors (who subs through HD) for info...
A woman answered the phone and said they could always use plumbing subs...she told me what they pay per valve, which was exactly the same a BF.
I then asked her what they do about permits...she told me the exact same thing, as well as "You guys make good money...that should be plenty for the permit, none of our subs pull them, nothing has happened to them" She was arrogant...I felt the urge to buy a used lemon for a second.
I was kind enough to enlighten her of her competitors demise...she thought I was lying.

I see their commercials on late night TV...side by side with the "Get rich quick" infomercials.
Boils down to the obvious ...they seem to attract a more oblivious demograph when it comes to home remodelling.
Putting vinyl surrounds and faux vinyl tile in bathrooms with potentially rotted framing or plumbing is a quick fix...and it isn't even cheap!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks