Grease it up, or leave well enough alone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've got a Grohe shower/tub valve. WOrks fine, doesn't leak, but it doesn't move like silk like it used to. I've thought about taking the cartridge out and greasing it slightly , but wonder if that might lead to other problems. Thoughts? Leave well enough alone? Take it out? Doesn't really need to be replaced since it still works fine.

While they'd probably send me a new one, I sort of feel guilty since it is working. It isn't like you need a wrench or anything to turn it, nor does it "grind" or anything. Sort of feels like dragging rubber across a hard surface (which it probably is).

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Grohe's cartridges come from the factory lubed up and if you order a new cartridge they will send you a small package of lube as well.
So i see no problems doing it your self.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks