Sand Point Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
An Engineer told you that! Maybe he should have told you how to drill this sand point well too. If he is a soils Engineer, how did he even know how there was water available under your cabin? There are places you can get a shallow well and there are places you cannot. There are also places where the surface water isn't too safe to drink let alone bath in. Did he mention that?

If you really want advice on what kind of well you should have, talk to a well driller in your area. He will give you the straight scoop. He has also done real drilling as opposed to drilling a well on paper.

bob...

Roboy

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning to build a new home next year in Quebec, Canada. It is the typical retirement home by the lake. In speaking to the soil engineer regarding the septic system, he suggested that. rather than drilling a well, (the home is going on a high plateau about 75ft above the lake) that it would be cheaper to drive a point into the ground down by the lake. He suggested that the point would likely supply all the water we would ever need at a fraction of the cost of drilling a well.
I do not know much about sand point wells and their capabilities, so I need the advice of some of the experts. Will a sand point well supply my needs? Since we are in a cold area, how do you keep them from freezing in winter? Is this a project I can take on myself, and is it advisable to choose a point over a well?
Any help or advice is appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks