Problem with Moen 3330 Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Problem With Moen 3330 Valve Hi,

I recently installed a Moen 3330 rough in valve with the associated T4113 trim kit. This has the Moentrol system with the integrated 3 way transfer valve. The problem I am having is when I turn the water on to the tub spout, water still trickles from the showerhead. Does anybody know of an adjustment that can be made to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Previous posts indicate this can happen if you use something like pex or cpvc to run to the showerhead and or spout. Also, if you have the valve plumbed wrong so that the tub outlet is feeding the showerhead, etc.

Now, if this really has a divertor valve, verses the pop up in the tub spout, it sounds like it is leaking. One of the pros may have some more ideas...

I notice on the spec sheet for that valve, it says to NOT unplug the bottom outlet of the moentrol to use for a tub. This will cause improper operation is says.
Jimbo

KSHandyMan

Reaction score
Guest said:
Problem With Moen 3330 Valve Hi,

I recently installed a Moen 3330 rough in valve with the associated T4113 trim kit. This has the Moentrol system with the integrated 3 way transfer valve. The problem I am having is when I turn the water on to the tub spout, water still trickles from the showerhead. Does anybody know of an adjustment that can be made to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

According to the Moen site, this valve is not recommended for use with a tub spout. See the attached link. I am planning to install one of these here shortly but it will be for two shower heads.

https://www.moen.com/products/MPact...ure_balancing_check_stops_volume_control/3330

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Looks like I and Jim D. posted responses while they were fiddling with the server, and our replies ended up posting in a funny way!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks