Bad/Good Idea.Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
I installed my shower valve and was able to solder one of the inputs but the Cold is impossible to reach and when i try i cannot succeed, and I tried lots of times. Connection is Brass to Copper. Someone said i should use a Stainless Water Connection with female threads. Another was use Epoxy for that connection.
All reply's will be appreciated.
Thanks
Sey

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Some valves can be soldered orthreaded with an adapter then soldered or PEX for a few feet those are your only choices.

You will have to do what ever is necessary to do one of them.

I wouldn't trust anything else that will be buried in a wall.

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
i am getting ready to use the threaded female adapter to attach to valve and then will complete the loop using pipe and solder.
thanks..

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have NEVER had a connection that was impossible to reach. It make take some ingenuity to access it but it can be done. Any of your suggestions could start leaking someday.
hj

TonyKarns

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
tonysprofessionalremodeling.com
Just a note:

In my area it is against code to use any threads relating to a shower valve behind a wall. All connections to a shower valve must be soldered in. Might want to make sure your code allows you to use threaded connections to a shower valve.

Weneedhelp

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who replied to my question. I did complete the
shower valve project using 'L' pipe and LeadFree Solder.
My next plumbing project is setting in the a new acrylic soaker tub.
I will need advice to extend the Trap to the New Drain? Slab construction
which i will research and decide if i need to call someone in. Advice is always appreciated.
Sey

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks