pressure tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

kodiak

Reaction score
My pressure tank sounds empty on top but when i bleed the air a little from the valve it blew water out.My question is could this be condisation or is the tank bad,the tank sounds hollow at the top.My pump has been cycling every miniute the pressure goes up to 50 and bleeds down to like 30 in a min .its a welltrol tank put in 98-99

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
If you have water blowing out of the air valve, the tank bladder is shot and you need to replace the pressure tank.
The tank air pressure (with the water pressure drained completely off) should be two psi below the pump cut-on pressure. It will build up to the cut-off pressure (see your gauge when the pump cuts off). Most come from the factory that way, but double-check the air pressure with a tire gauge. You can bleed it down if necessary, or air it up with a bicycle pump or portable air tank or compressor.
Mike

kodiak

Reaction score
Thanks mike thats what i sort of thought that it was shot.Before i replace the tank should i see where the pump kicks on(the pressure gage)and note this and charge my new tank 2 pounds less?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks