Basic bathtub plumbing question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rdtompki

Reaction score
I've gutted our guest bathroom and the first order of business is the plumbing. The new rough in won't be a problem, but as I'm on a slab redoing the ABS drain has me a bit concerned (I installed a whirlpool tub in our master bath, but I had a decent size hole to work in).

My plan is to make up the waste and overflow, attach to tub, position the tub in place and measure the position of the centerline. I can then move the tub out of the way and make up the p-trap. I all works well I can do the final solvent weld when I position the tub in place. Does this sound reasonable? Unfortunately, the hole is small and the p-trap shallow .

Rick

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You could break up some of the floor if that would make the job easier. You can't change the shallow part but you could move the trap some.

Rdtompki

Reaction score
I won't hesitate to break out more concrete, but do plumbers prefer making up the whole assembly with the tub in place (if they have room) or making up the trap and waste/overflow separately and then solvent welding with the tub in place. Seems like the latter would be easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks