follow up to sharing water via garden hose

Users who are viewing this thread

donk

Reaction score
Hi - thx for all the replies about sharing my water with my neighbor who had a pipe break. I hooked the 2 bibs together and now she has water to flush toilet at least. I got 1 follow up question:

Is there any way that she can still use her hot water heater to get hot water from my hose bib? I'm guessing not, but wanted to check to make sure. The pipe leak is outside her house so they shut the water off from the street. She also shut off the main valves in her basement, including the hotwater heater valve. If she opens the hotwater valve will the water from my hose bib circulate through her hotwater heater?
Thanks again,
Don

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the HW tank has 2 shutoff valves (cold water in and hot water out), you'll have to open both of those.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

using the hose just supplies the water from a different source once the main valve is shut off. Everything in the house can operate normally once all the valves are turned on.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Where's the leak? If that section is isolated by the shutoffs, resupplying the house from the hose should be similar to it coming in from outside.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks