Newbie to wells; Having 1st one dug.

Users who are viewing this thread

UrbanHomesteader

Reaction score

As a lifelong do-it-yourselfer I finally found my little homestead in the country albeit with no water. The best deal I could get for the funds we have is the well dug and I would have to supply my own equipment. I have tried researching online and it appears all the conventional wisdom warns against buying the equipment until the well is dug (depth, pressure, required HP, piping size, etc.) I am seeking any and all advice to prevent costly mistakes. I'm leaning towards the pitless-adapter-underground-approach. They estimate 300 ft a 4" - 6" well w/casing. I will humbly ask the operator what specs he suggests as he is getting paid. Thanks all

Speedbump

Reaction score
When the well is dug, you will know the depth of the well, the depth of the casing, casing diameter, depth to water (static water level) and the wells production capability in gallons per minute. With this info most of us can size up a system for you for your intended usage.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks