Do Pumps usually have a warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tickridgescott

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am wondering if submersible pumps usually have a warranty.

I bought one this past fall and installed it. I was still building the house at the time and the pump did not run hardly at all till three weeks ago when moved in. A couple days ago we stopped getting water. It is in a cistern so I KNOW there is water - it is under 5 feet of water. I have all the work right...flow sleeve inducer, etc.

what is the usual warranty on a submersible pump?

Could it just have been a bad pump?

Thanks,
Scott

ecpgroup

Reaction score
in the uk we give 12months some of our pumps have a 5year warranty.subject to correct installation and not pumping any sand or fluid it is not intended to.

Speedbump

Reaction score
With us Scott, it's one year from date of purchase or 18 months from time of manufacture. This is on manufacturers defects only. If the pump came back with melted impellers or a bent shaft, the manufacturer will not stand behind it. If it's dripping with sandy water when it comes in or the impellers are all ground down from abrasives like sand the same would apply. But most of the time there is no problem getting a warranty through. They want to be friendly with their customers, it's just good policy.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks