(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Joe Tedesco?

To my way of thinking, to crash someone else's (very well run, I might add) forum, declare oneself a "moderator," and then delete the wealth of information existing in a part of that forum is at the very least ridiculously rude. No explanation was given of why this person deleted those threads. I personally don't buy the argument that it was all in the name of "safety."

I know nothing about Joe T. but, who to say it was he who did the hacking?

After looking at his web site, there is obviously an ego situation involved however, can't fault the safety issue.

Unhappy

It was him - he admitted as much today.

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/s...202#post303202

See the post by "Electrician" - also the response to Jimbo 2 posts up - I'd recognize that voice anywhere, it's him.

I used to stick up for him at JLC, because the man really is a walking encyclopedia of electrical code knowledge. And, strange as it sounds right now... he means well. He loses sleep over the idea of unqualified people doing electrical work, because he's seen too much of what it can lead to.

Problem is, he thinks the way to solve that is to withold information, instead of countering the bad information with correct information... and clearly, he's finally lost it, as well. Electrical inspector's version of PTSD?

Default Extremists

You don't have to be an Islamic fundamentalist to be a whacko extremist. But "Electro-Terrorism"--That's kind of funny.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know nothing about Joe T. but, who to say it was he who did the hacking?
    The moderator log list everything that happens,
    Who did it,
    What they did,
    When they did it,
    Which post or thread number,
    Whether is was an edit or a deletion

It's all there in the log.

Like Frenchie said, you might look into "Electrician".

It smells like a duck.

Terry: Some good came out of this, you are getting a few more electricians to join your forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass
    What a loser, psyco, hack.

I have a cattle prod that I would like to check out on him.

Funny....

Some of the guys at JLC feel the same......

Hey Frenchie..... Nice seeing you here.

JBFAN74

Thanks for the link.

Found some good info here on this website. Signed up yesterday and I've already started learning new things.
    Last edited by ChuckNJ; 06-15-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Chuck

Thumbs up I'm glad I checked back...

I'm just a diy'er with a little common sense that has learned what a great resource this site is. (I don't do anything with electrical (((or plumbing, or concrete, or carpentry))) until I am absolutely sure of what I'm doing. I'm not going to kill myself or burn down my house )

When I read this guy's post yesterday about his being named "moderator" and his tone, I was, to say the least, upset. And then to find that I couldn't respond to his thread because it was "closed"....ARGH! I'm glad he wasn't the "official" he made himself out to be for the forum!

Anyway, in my humble opinion, it is up to the reader of the information to make the decision whether or not the advice is "good", "safe", etc. That is part of the reason I have relied so heavily on forums like this; you don't get just one person's opionion. I then use all my other skills (discernment, rational thinking, common sense for example) along with any feedback from the various people on this forum as replies, to decide if the given advice is right and safe for me to do, or if I don't have a clue and it's over my head. (Just like a doctor can tell me to control my weight because being obese is hazardous to my health, it is up to me to do it or not.)

So, for those of you are generous with your time, knowledge, and wisdom: Thank you, and please continue being helpful!

Pardon the lenght of this message!
    Jim Seaberg
    Jim Seaberg
    Decatur, IL

Old home lover, old home hater (when things don't go right!), .... Gee, kinda sounds like a country song!

Terry - "electrician" is definitely Joe T., take it from me, we were friends until this happened.

Hey, Chuck - I thought you were going by DX here (post #6). I wonder who DX is, he's clearly from JLC too...

David/genie - Joe's a member of the NFPA, and the IAEI, and probably a few others... the guy's an institution in the electrical field, very well-known. There goes that legacy!

Quote Originally Posted by electrician
    I disagree, a plumber or non electrician should not answer any electrical questions!

That was evident here in the past!

That decission, thank goodness, is not yours to make.

It is Terrys.

BTW did you know you live in the United States.

You can move to some other country where this kind of information is banned if it realy bothers you or you can just not come here and read it.

That is another thing this country lets you do.

Joe's posted to the parallel thread at JLC

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37504

just thought you'd want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by electrician
    I disagree, a plumber or non electrician should not answer any electrical questions!

That was evident here in the past!

I am a plumber and I have had to troubleshoot for electicians in the past. A certificate does not give you inherent knowledge, nor does the lack of one imply ignorance of the trade.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default A total Blindside attack

Joe asked if I needed help with moderation.
    I thought it was a nice gesture.

While I was plumbing on Friday, he was busy deleting my forum.
    When I came home and logged on, I was stunned.

I have eight other moderators, and I couldn't even conceive that someone would wipe out a forum on me.

I called him and asked him why he did it.
    Thats when he informed me, "After he had done the dirty work" that he thought it needed erasing, the whole thing.

It was a total blindside.
    Last edited by Terry; 06-16-2007 at 04:29 PM.

So, his few postings were a ruse.

I have heard people getting electrical advice at Home Depot, and it's not very good usually. This place, by far, is a better source.
    Last edited by snafflekid; 06-16-2007 at 12:45 PM.