Who is Joe Tedesco?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It seems that on most forums, not all but most, you can edit your own posts, including deletel

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Terry owns this forum so anything I bring in here and leave belongs to him.

So before I leave he will own this post.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Sorry, gang, you're wrong on this one - copyright belongs to the author of the post, unless s/he specifically & explicitely gives it to the publisher.

This is one of the few bits of internet copyright law that's pretty clear: some forums state, in their terms of use, that all posts become property of the forum - and have lost court cases over them.

The copyright's still yours: they can't (for example) sue you for publishing the same post elsewhere. And they can't (another example) publish a book made up of all your posts (unless their ToU specified you to be granting them a full licence, like some websites do).

What you DO grant them, by posting, is an implied (limited) license to display your posts.

So in practical terms, in this case, the upshot's the same: you granted them the right to publish, and there's no way you can force them to delete your old posts. It'd be like an author demanding that his publisher track down & burn every copy of a book he wrote...

Last edited:

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
I don't agree with what was done but unfortunately he was given the capability to so this. It is obvious that Terry had no idea this was going to happen but ultimately this is a breach of trust but I am not sure that under the circumstances this is a criminal act.

It is unfortunate that this happened and consider it a lesson learned the hard way. There are plenty of posts to come in this section and it will be slowly rebuilt with newer, fresh information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks