(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaking G-Max or Power Gravity Fill Valve.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would pop in a new assembly cap for $2.50
    It's the easiest fix, takes about 30 seconds without tools.

Terry:
    I have a G-Max valve. They look alike but will the korky replacement cap fit the G-Max?
    Thanks
    Jerfrank

Blog Entries

Korky makes the fill valve
    There are three brands used, but they all look different. If it looks like a Korky, then it is a Korky.
    $2.50 part fixes it in less then a minute without tools.

Hi again:
    This jerfrank. I replaced the valve cap and the water still came up and over the fill valve and the overflow pipe. I then examined the new Korky valve I had purchased (that's how I got the valve replacement cap since Home Depot didn't have just the valve replacement cap and there is no Lowe's near me) and noticed that the arms one squeezes to release the float were kind of squishy. I took the new toilet tank fill valve, pulled the top off and saw the the float arms were much more substantial so I put it into the old tank fill unit and, voila, no more running over. Now how long this lasts is anyone guess but if it works, I suggest some of you folks give it a try.
    GOOD LUCK!

Default Toto G-Max - Water start/stop during fill

I have 3 Toto toilets in the house. All installed at the same time about 6 years ago. Recently two of them started to have the same problem. When refilling the tank after a flush the water runs 1-2 seconds and then stops 1-2 seconds. It keeps doing this until the tank is full. No other problems with the toilet otherwise and the 3rd Toto does not have this problem.

Thanks!

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Go to Lowes or a good hardware or plumbing supply house and pick up some cap replacements at about $2 each. If you're lucky, you can just clean the filter, but it's more likely the seal in the cap is worn. This assumes you have the Korky valve made for Toto (it doesn't have a big plastic screw on the top). No tools, and it should be as good as new for another 6-years or so (it all depends on your local water).
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Drip from the refill tube -- help needed

I have Toto Drake toilets in our home -- they are about a year-and-a-half old. Recently two of them have had drips. Water is dripping out of the refill tube into the overflow pipe at a pace of approximately one drip per second. It doesn't happen all of the time (sometimes it will stop after being flushed) and I can stop the drip (at least temporarily) by pushing down on the filler float. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Assuming you have the Korky version of the valve made for Toto, the seal is an easily replaceable part which costs about $2. Takes about 30-seconds to do, maybe longer the first time you do it.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Default Toilet tank fills in intermittent spurts.

I have a Power Gravity Installation which worked perfectly until the toilet was lifted and resinstalled when the floor was retiled a couple of weeks ago. Now the tank fills in short intermittent spurts. It is a Toto 6.0Lpf and takes about 10 to 11 spurts of water to fill the tank to about a third of the way up. Previously the tank would fill very quickly without stopping. Now the pump starts/stops/starts/stops until the water is up to the proper level. I have tried wiggling the pump in the tank but it makes no difference. If I use my hand to put a little pressure on the top of the pump it will work properly but once I take my hand away and reflush the intermittent filling is back. I'm not a plumber and not particularly mechanical but would like to try fixing myself since it just feels like something needs to be tweaked.

Inside of the flush valve there's a float. There could be some crud in there that is inhibiting the movement of the float. Also, there could be some crud in the seal, which is easily replaceable for a few dollars (available at Lowes and many hardware stores).
    Jim DeBruycker

Default Drake Toilet Dripping into Tube

My 5 year old drake toilet is dripping from from the black tube (from the fill valve) down into the tube connected to the flapper assembly. The water level is just up to the level of the tube after refilling. Is there an adjustment or do I need a new fill valve?

Many thanks and Happy New Year.

-orion24

The fact that the water level is at the top of the overflow usually means that the fill valve is failing to turn off completely. Assuming it used to fill correctly, there is no adjustment, but the seal on that fill valve is easily replaced.

Last edited by Terry; 12-29-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Default Toto fill valve repair

I have a Toto Carlyle (circa 2001) with the Gmax fill valve, that is failing. Will a Korky replacement cap work on the Toto version of the fill valve? I can't seem to find a Toto branded replacement, just a new fill valve (white screw style) that doesn't seem to be favored on these forums.

Default Same Question, different model

I have an Ultramax with the TSU18A fill valve, which is no longer fully filling the bowl. We have some sediment in our water and I suspect some debris is in the valve. Is there any way to take the valve apart or clean it out? The tank fills fine, it's just the bowl that is the issue.

Or does this call for a complete fill valve replacement? And if so, is the Fluidmaster 400ARHR a good replacement?

Blog Entries

I've used the Korky MaxPerformance valve on the TOTO bowls. It has an adjustable bowl fill that the TOTO needs.
    You can also use the Korky 528T