I can hear the groans

Users who are viewing this thread

BrianL

Reaction score
OK, knock-off vessel bowl faucet. Commence the groans. Please hear me out, I have 2 questions:

1. To connect Pex, I threaded on an adapter. Even with 5 turns of teflon tape and dope, the adapter bottoms out in the housing. It seemed kinda loose when I put it in dry. I know its crappy manufacturing, but is there some other way to make this connection water-tight? I dont want to find out its leaking after going through the challenge of installing it.

2. Installing it. Hmmm, I made a drawing of how I think I should do it, but how do most people get the faucet (and the handle) to have a rigid connection to the stud? I was thinking of screwing in a wood shelf and straping the faucet to it, but it is so round and smooth, I would think it would not hold well. I just cant visualize this.

Thanks, I hope between this and the pics it will make sense.

--Brian

Attachments

• faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 258
  • frontview.jpg
    frontview.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 253
  • backview.jpg
    backview.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 227
  • drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 262

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem is the threads. First, lets assume they are NOT metric, because that would open up a whole new can of worms.

Now, they are probably also NOT tapered pipe threads, so no amount of teflon tape will seal that adapter in there. They are likely meant to receive a nut or fitting with a rubber gasket or o-ring type seal. What do the installation instructions call for?

BrianL

Reaction score
Well, they thread fine when done dry, so they are they are not metric. There does not appear to be any place in the housing to fit a gasket (like in the pressure regulator I just installed), and it did not come with a gasket.

Also, no instructions came with the product. Good quality stuff!

--Brian

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm guessing it came from that world wide infamous auction site.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The "gasket" is on the supply tubes you connect to the valve, not in the valve. Those threads typically are straight threads and are not intended to be connected with pipe fittings. And your drawing has Freudian implications.

R

Rancher

Come on guys, we've all seen bigger faucets in the locker room. :eek:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Woman goes into a hardware store: "Is that a faucet in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

I believe that faucet was manufactured by the Unix Corporation.:D

BrianL

Reaction score
Thanks...

... for all the info - even the phallic references. I just finished the install, will drywall tonight and start the remainder of the renovation next weekend.

--Brian

Attachments

• faucet2.jpg
    faucet2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 203
  • faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 193

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Hopefully your studs faucet will encounter more hot inlets on this remodel.
Had a hard time reading this thread through the laughing

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks