ABS Glue

Users who are viewing this thread

carole

Reaction score
Help, I just spilled the entire bottle of black ABS glue on my just installed vinal floor. Any suggestions on removing it?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would immediately scrape up all you can with a piece of cardboard or some plastic scrapers. I fear that the vinyl imay be irreparably damaged by the solvents in the cement.

carole

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply, I dare say you are probably right. We have just spent the entire 3 day weekend gutting and replacing all the bathroom fixtures and painiting and just as we were hooking up the sink (the last thing) this spills and now the flooring is ruined. Luckly...this is a very small room and a cheap piece of vinal but the work involved in replacing it will be a whole new day...vanity and toliet etc. Thanks again and this is a great site.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The problem is that unlike glue that just hardens on the surface, ABS and PVC "glues" are really solvents. Although each are different chemicals, they basically do the same thing. They melt the surfaces they are applied to so that when they harden they have actually formed a welded joint. In other words, you can't just scrape and chip the hardened stuff off of the vinyl surface. I know of nothing that will save the day for you. Sorry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks