Sewer Line Woes!

Users who are viewing this thread

chardison

Reaction score
Roto Rooter used a comera and located the sewer line break in my slab foundation at approximately 16 ft.

All of the toilets, lavatories, tubs, showers, etc. on the "opposite" side of the house work fine. I am told they are 'downstream' and go on out the sewer line properly.

I was quoted $5500 to tunnel 20 ft and $275 per ft if required and $1500 up to 3 ft (I don't really understand that) to repair through the slab.

I have searched some of the underground leak repair methods and remain somewhat puzzled.

I hope some of you 'old timers' and pros will give me some advice as to the best methods to repair a cast irom sewer line in a slab foundation.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I would get a quote from two other contractor's then choose one of them. Rotor Rooter's prices seem way out of line. Maybe they're better in your neck of the woods but they suck around here.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hesitate to come down on all Roto Rooters, it's a franchise, and it will be as good or bad as the individual owner, but on a major job like this, it is always a good idea to get at least 3 estimates anyway. Keep in mind that there is always the chance that something unforeseeable may come up in the middle of the job, but that's life. I'm sure you realize that this is a labor intensive job, so it will be fairly costly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks