where to find old style kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Alleycat

Reaction score
I'm hoping for some tips on where I might find an inexpensive replacement sink for our camp. We now have one of those old metal cabinet structures, all white, with the sink built in to the top. The sink is in the center, and the box measures 54" left to right, 36" tall and 24" deep. I'm not sure if the top piece is cast iron, or some kind of porcelain. The bottom cabinets/drawers are metal. There is a metal tag affixed to the front drawer which reads American Standard Youngstown Kitchens. I think my father-in-law found it in his father's basement - it functions but the cabinet is rusty and the sink is totally worn and scratched. Does anyone know (a) what these units are called and (b) where I might find another one?
many thanks for any replies

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
You can buy an inexpensive cabinet and a stainless kitchen sink and just replace the one you have...
One of the sinks you are talking about is probably not made any longer...

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Alleycat, Do We Have To Guess Where You Live ?????

ARE YOU IN FLA. OR ALASKA? If in Bay area, urban ore in Berkley

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check out the Habitat For Humanity Re-store in your area.

Alleycat

Reaction score
well you've all given me some laughs! and I'm glad I brought back some memories for some of you--
Toolaholic, the camp is in the deep woods of Maine, but the sink was brought in from the great state of New Hampsha.
I will look into the cheap cabinet/ stainless sink, but the place is still under construction inside and I was hoping to get something already used but in better shape. I hadn't thought of the re-use stores and will check in to that too.
thanks for the replies!

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Alleycat

OUTA BOSTON many years ago. We usta call it COWHAMSHA. Took My lady friend up to Maine once ,to BANGOR .he he. Hope it's not black fly season:eek:

Alleycat

Reaction score
toolaholic said:
OUTA BOSTON many years ago. We usta call it COWHAMSHA. Took My lady friend up to Maine once ,to BANGOR .he he. Hope it's not black fly season:eek:
well, ice fishing season is over, so it must be black fly season!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks