Washcloth

Users who are viewing this thread

happydad

Reaction score
In emptying a pail full of water today into the toilet, a washcloth also went down the toilet with the water while it was flushing.

The toilet (and others in the house) are still flushing fine. Did we dodge a bullet, or will we eventually have a backup on our hands?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Just use it and watch to see if it backs up when flushed the next few times. If it does get a closet auger and you can get it out with it.

happydad

Reaction score
I've flushed the same toilet about 4-5 times since then, and other toilets in the house as well with no problem. Could it have gone through our drain pipes and is now in the city drainpipes?

happydad

Reaction score
geniescience said:
if a Master Plumber built it, chances are high you'll be fine. If a DIY built it, I cannot say how much worse your chances are.

David

It's a 8 year old home in a planned community...built by a very reputable builder.

happydad

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I feel a little better now, but still very nervous.

Cookie

Reaction score
Happydad,

You do have one thing to be happy about. That it wasn't a washbasin, with the baby still in it, LOL. :eek:

I have known people, thank goodness not me, who flushed washcloths, and never had a problem. I wouldn't try a towel though, ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks