MOEN Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

novicefromma

Reaction score
I'm trying to disassemble a moen single handle kitchen faucet. I received a new handle, and cartridge kit from Moen to fix a leak.

I've removed the handle, and am struggling to remove a "collar" which I believe should screw off to allow me to get at the underlying retainer nut and ultimately the cartridge.

Before I completely destroy the thing with a wrench, can anyone advise me that I'm not going down the right path?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
www.moen.com has very good cartridge removal and replacement help files on their site...look there. Depending on the model, some have a clip that must be removed, some have a collar that must be unscrewed...you can find the detailed pictures and instructions there.

Last edited by a moderator:

novicefromma

Reaction score
Re: Moen faucet repair

Thanks. I actually have the instructions sent from Moen, but they go from:

Step 3: Lift and tilt handle lever and handle body off.
Step 4: Unscrew and remove retainer pivot nut.
Step 5: Pry out cartridge clip with flatbladed instrument

Problem is that the retainer pivot nut is below the collar and there is no direction as to how to remove the collar. It must have to be screwed off, I'm just concerned about destroying the finish with a wrench as its not moving by hand.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
collar

If it is the large one the same color as the sink, you may have to put some tape around it and then use a pair of channellock pliers to get it started.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks