Flotec FP5172 motor wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

buffalogapper

Reaction score
I've got a sprinkler pump that I got from a guy (best price - free) He claimed it worked when he last used it. Come to find out, the impeller bushing race was trashed. I overhauled it and now the pump itself works very well. However, I made an educated guess on the rewiring to 120v since the schematic is faded on the motor case. Now, the thermal overload shuts it down after about a minute. I've got good voltage at the terminals. I'm afraid I've got the start-up capacitor on constant load - although I haven't blown one yet. I can't find any wiring diagrams for the motors on these pumps. I don't even know who the motor manufacturer is . Please help - any info would be greatly appreciated.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I can tell you why it was free, but I'll be nice.

I haven't any idea how to wire it. We won't work on Flotec pumps. You can try getting in touch with Sta-Rite. They make it and they are owned by Pentair.

You can get to their website by clicking here

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
one wire from the starting switch disconnects the cap. You can visually inspect that.

try reading the tag in the dark with a flashlight at an angle

brush on some acid that will etch the unpainted portions [last chance]

find a similar pump and motor and read the tag [first choice]

some cheap motors cannot be wired to 120 without professional help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks