Concern from Plumber about Vespin

Users who are viewing this thread

pbowers

Reaction score
We are currently having our house re-plumbed, we are adding a second bathroom and revamping the current. For the downstairs bathroom I have purchased a Toto Vespin with a unifit adapter. My plumber hasn't seen the unifit before and is saying the vespin will surely clog due to the design of the adapter. Does this toilet clog ? Should I return it and try to get a Drake? In looking at the adapter I see my plumbers concern. The other toilet I purchased is an ultramax which doesn't use this adapter. I had purchased the Vespin because I needed a 14 in rough but as it turns out the plumber will be re-piping the toilet anyway so I could use a 12"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Unifit equipped toilets work very well.
Your plumber is showing his inexperience.

The Vespin is considered an upgrade from the Drake, in that it comes with the easy to clean skirted bowl, and CEFIONTECT finish in the bowl.

If your plumber was not moving the roughin, you could have ordered the 14" Unift and that would have moved the bowl closer to the wall on your 14" rough.
The adapter is a lot less money than paying a plumbing to replace the drain.
But then, maybe the plumber looked at what you had, and thought it needed replacement.

unifit_1.jpg

Last edited:

pbowers

Reaction score
Thanks Terry

I had bought the vespin thinking I had to stay with the 14" rough. Because all the plumbing in the house is being replaced (I have many leaks, poorly vented, many other issues) when the plumber was out to look over the framing for the new bathroom he said he was planning on replumbing the toilet in the process of replacing everything else. So the 14" adapter I got for the vespin I can return but I was still planning on using the toilet. I will tell him to install it and if it clogs that will be our fault not his. From everything I read on your site and others we wont have issues. Thanks for the re-assurance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had one (a Vespin) installed for about 5-years...works great, no problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks