Pump cutting on and off ever few seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Freddyk

Reaction score
I have a 50 foot well using a new submersible pump that has worked well for 6 months, now when you turn the water on is cuts on and off ever few seconds. Does not run unless the water is on somewhere. We have about a 30 gallon tank that has no bladder and no valve to put in air. There was NO guage put on the tank when it was installed. I by passed the pressure switch and there was plenty of pressure, Tank was full. HElP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As a temporary fix, sometimes, with the pump off, empty the storage tank, close the drain valve, then turn the pump back on. The air trapped in the tank will be restored (if it doesn't leak) and provide the pressurized cushion the system needs to work properly.

If there was an air valve on the thing and you had a compressor, you could do this without draining the whole thing.

R

Rancher

Who installed the pump and tank? Was there an air makeup system installed to add air to the the tank, does the tank have a 1-1/4" fitting about 2/3rds the way up the tank?

Rancher

Freddyk

Reaction score
Freddyk

Drained tank and put in pressure gauge, now it cuts off about 30 and on at 60. Seems to doing fine, Could have an air leake somewhere, but at least we have water. Thanks for all the help, Freddyk

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks