Grohe Ceramic Cartridge Drip

Users who are viewing this thread

tarogers

Reaction score
I have a dripping 1/2" Grohe Ceramic Cartridge #45882. The problem is the seat washer, not the cartridge itself. I cannot find a source for the seat washer, only the entire cartridge at about $40. Since I may not be the only one too cheap to buy a $40 cartridge when the only problem is a $1 washer, I'm hoping that someone has found a source or a substitute for the seat washer.
Tom

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I sell Grohe and there is no replacement washer only the entire cartridge.
Grohe has a lifetime warranty on there product if bought after 1997.
You should be able to exchange no charge for a new one.
Even if your not the original purchaser they will replace it.
Where are you located?

tarogers

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I live 25 miles South of San Francisco, in Foster City, CA 94404.
Tom

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
A little far for me to deliver.

You can call Cal-Steam (div of Wolseley):
(415) 861-3071
777 Mariposa Street
San Francisco - 94107
Fax (415) 861-1848

Tell them you have a 45.882 cartridge ask them if they have one in stock and if you can do a straight exchange.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Contact Western Sales @800-289-5687 X 3. You will be talking to Tom Slankert or his machine. Tell him Scott Denny suggested you contact him then explain your situation. It would help if you still have your original receipt of sale. They are the Grohe rep in your area and they can authorize or ship (at their discretion) a new cartridge for you. Unless you bought your original faucet from Cal Steam, I doubt they will honor the warranty (unless Western Sales authorizes same).

tarogers

Reaction score
Problem resolved, Thanks

I contacted F&F Plumbing where I bought the faucet. They had me contact Grohe directly. I explained my problem to the customer service rep, and he said he would ship me a replacement. It arrived this week, I installed it, problem solved. Thanks to all for your direction.
Tom

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks