Well Tag Question

Users who are viewing this thread

JD-Jeff

Reaction score
Hello,
My wife and I are looking at a house in the country. The brass tag on the well head had this stamped on it.
Depth --- 135'
????? --- 60'
GPM --- 7
I didn't write the word down, let alone knew what its meaning was.

Would any of you guys know what this was?

Thanks a bunch for your help !!

R

Rancher

JD-Jeff said:
Depth --- 135'
????? --- 60'
GPM --- 7
I didn't write the word down, let alone knew what its meaning was.
The only thing that comes to mind that would make sense is:

????? = Static water level

Rancher

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its the amount of steel casing in the well. You having sixty feet of casing in the well and the rest of the hole is open rock.

Casing - 60'

SAM

JD-Jeff

Reaction score
"The only thing that comes to mind that would make sense is:

????? = Static water level

Rancher"

Rancher, What is Static water level? I think thats was it was.

Thanks for helping out a greenhorn, Jeff

R

Rancher

Static water is the level the water will come up in the casing when you are not pumping.

My static water changes from season to season because I have one aquifer that does not always flow into the well.

Rancher

R

Rancher

Yes there are two or more gravel/sand layers with clay or calichie in between.

Rancher

R

Rancher

sammyhydro11 said:
Wow,
how did you find that out?
I lowered myself down the shaft.

JD-Jeff said:
What is Static water level? I think thats was it was.

Gary Slusser said:
It is not the static water level, it is the length/depth of casing.
Gary, Thanks. Our wells are cased all the way down.

Rancher

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Rancher,how does the water come into your well that is cased all the way down and what type of aquifer is that well installed in? Just curious as to how water is getting into this well.

SAM

R

Rancher

We have layers of gravel/sand, then clay or calichie, then more layers of gravel/sand, my last well is 100' slotted for bottom 80', supposedly drilled for 20' beyond that, however a week after they capped it and I cut the cap off, it had either silted in the bottom 20' or the driller didn't think I would check it.

Rancher

R

Rancher

Gary Slusser said:
Why do you suppose that is? I'd think an engineer answering posts about these things would know this... but
If it was your type well, there would be more info on the tag/casing cap. Any idea what that might be?
Easy answer, because there is no standard for tagging wells, and I can only speak for Arizona, but I've never seen a well tagged, they are all registered which is all they need to be, after all someone can easily swap well tags...

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks