Electrically Actuated Full Port Brass Ball Valve 3/4"

Users who are viewing this thread

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find an:

ELECTRICALLY Actuated Ball Valve made of either brass or stainless that is full port and 3/4".

I found one, it is $375... I have to figure that there has to be a better price?

This one is triggered by a SPDT switch... and seems very fancy for what I need.

I need to shut water off from a remote location. The main is in a crawl, and I want to shut the water off in the house.

Any ideas, hints, tips, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check auction item 260122835914 on that famous auction site. The 1/2" valve is $150.

1/2" brass full port ball valve with direct mount electric actuator, 110V. Valve is threaded ends end new, never used.
Valve & Actuator Manufactuer: Bonomi
We have brass full port direct mount electric ball valves thru 4". We also have stainless ball valves, three way ball valves, pneumatic ball valves, check valves. Call me with any questions regarding your application or for a quotation on any size job.
219-922-9196. David McAvoy

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes!!!

Now we're talking!

Ya think that brand/type is good for the following application:

Whole house water shut-off with remote switch. The unit would be in the crawl space, up in the joist bay. The house is located on the water in a salt-coastal community.

What do you think?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just a thought, but what about a sprinkler control valve? I'm not sure they are made in 3/4" size, but if not use a larger one and reduce it on both sides. I use Hunter brand on my yard system. A small controller to operate it would be needed, but they're cheap.

coyotehills

Reaction score
I've used a lawn sprinkler valve for this exact application for 15 years in crawl space at a lake house, works beautifully. Placed on/off valve in closet. Also added automatic drain for the main line, when no pressure on system they open and drain all the lines. Have had no problems with freezing in all this time. Located in noetheast Mo. where it does tend to get cold at times. Good luck!

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Isn't a lawn sprinkler:

A) A solenoid valve? And thus normally closed and requires power to keep it open?

B) Is it allowed for potable water?

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
How far must the shutoff be from any access point to this crawl space? I could envision a plate bolted to a ball valve handle, and some chains/cables attached to the plate, leading toward an access point. (there was a 'frostproof ball valve' that worked on a principle similar to this)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

As long as the valve does not have to operate automatically when power fails, you can use a motorized quarter turn valve, Conbraco being the one I would suggest. Irrigation valves need continuous power to stay open and have a limited flow volume.

hendrik81

Reaction score
I'm trying to find an:

ELECTRIC Actuated Ball Valve made of either brass or stainless that is full port and 3/4".

I found one, it is $375... I have to figure that there has to be a better price?

This one is triggered by a SPDT switch... and seems very fancy for what I need.

I need to shut water off from a remote location. The main is in a crawl, and I want to shut the water off in the house.

Any ideas, hints, tips, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

you could always ask valveman, they sell various type of valve, hope you can find one there.

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
since this post is over 5 years old, i think the orig. poster probably found what they are looking for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks