Poor Flush, Kohler Memoirs toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

BMWMK2

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I Have A New Kohler Memoirs 2 Piece Toilet. The Flush Is Rather Poor And It Clogs When The Kids Use The Toilet, Now If I Hold The Handle Down And Let All The Water Drain To The Bottom There Is Never A Problem. How Can I Adjust The Toilet To Do That Automaticly?

kohler_memoirs_shepard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fill valves can be adjusted to raise the water level in the tank. Flappers can be adjusted to allow more water to leave the tank. They also sell adjustable flappers. Some have a styrofoam ball that you can raise or lower to allow more or less water to leave the tank.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The easiest solution would be to get a longer timed flapper.

However, if the bowl does plug, and the water keeps draining from the tank, the bowl can overflow. If it does, get the mop out.

Last edited:

BMWMK2

Reaction score
Which Way Do You Go Up Or Down With The Styro Ball To Allow More Water In? And Do The Sell Better Replacement Flappers, What Brand? Thanks

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
The best flapper is the Korky red. It works fine for most toilets. But you still need to adjust the chain. You might be able to adjust the chain on the flapper you already have if it closes too fast.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As long as the chain is adjusted to fully open the flapper valve, and allows it to close fully, there is nothing else to adjust on the chain. If it has too much slack, it can get caught under the flapper, creating a leak, or not open it enough to perform the designed flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks