How good: Gerber Ultra Flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

jc55

Reaction score
Hi, This is my first post. I've had 'sluggish' toilets for several years. Toilets flush fine with only paper. Balks on solids of much content. Must keep plunger handy.

Today, I called in a plumber. Consensus: You're too full of 'solids.' {I'm on a very high fiber diet}.

His conclusion: Since your 3.5 gal tank ain't cutting it, you might consider 'pressure-assist' - or, a high on the wall mounted tank.

I spent most of this morning Googling. 1) I couldn't find any high wall mounted tanks {the real old-timers}; 2) The Gerber Ultra Flush 21-302 seemed to rate as the most powerful 1.6 system out there; 3) I discovered Terry Love's website.

Sorry for being so long-winded. SO, is the Gerber Ultra Flush my best best?

James

Gerber Ultraflush Pressure Assist toilet review and comments

gerber-21-312-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JCturboT

Reaction score
If noise is not an issue I highly recommend the Gerber Ultra Flush toilet.

I own the 21-312 model (the elongated model) and am vey pleased with it's performance.

Huge water spot,great cleaning, and it flushes everything witout breaking a sweat.

Jeff

jc55

Reaction score
Thanks JCturboT,

That's the kind of comment(s) I was hoping to hear. Confirms all my Googling.

James

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some pressure assist toilets are about as good as the toilets with a 3" flush valve.

This class of toilet typically has a 2" trapway outlet. Even if some specs say average of 3" trapway, it still has to exit through a 2" hole.

Most good toilets have a trapway of around 2" plus or minus.

Performance between a 3" flush valve gravity and pressure assist is similar.
Keep in mind, there is not that much magic between 1.6 gallons and 1.6 gallons.
They will both move solids at a good speed.

If you consider ease of repairs, then the Gravity wins out.
If you consider quality control and finish, then Gravity wins out.
If you consider startle factor, then Gravity wins out.

Of the pressure assist units out there, Gerber has one of the better bowls. Not "my" first choice though.
Most repeat sales are of the 3" gravity type.
Let me repeat that.
Repeat sales.
That means a customer that buys a second or third unit.
I've been selling pressure assist toilets for a long time.
Not many repeat sales on them though.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Very interesting information, Terry. Do you get any negative feedback on the "gulping" action of a lot of the 3 inchers like the champion? Some folks do not seem to like that, at least at first. If it flushes, I think they get over it because toilets that don't flush are a bummer!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I get complaints about everything.
All toilets make some noise.

Some noise appears to be acceptable, and some not, depending on expectations and personal feelings about it.

If you sound meter some of these things, some that come off with normal sound readings, startle, mainly because it's so sudden.

A flush that builds in volume during the flush, lets the ears adjust.
Some of the dual flush pressure assist take that course.

Gravity with the trap clearing gulp at the end include the Champion, Titan, and to a little lesser extent the Drake.

Last edited:

Ohio

Reaction score
I've had an Ultra Flush for about 6 months now. With prior cheep crapper, my daughter stopped it up on a weekly basis. Since installing the Ultra, I've had NO CLOGS !!! This baby has so much flush power I believe it would jump off the floor if not bolted down. I went for the elongated handi cap model and really like it (sits higher off the floor). This is Ohio reporting smooth sailing.

gerber-21-312-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks