Dual flush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

jilliusc

Reaction score
I know...this is just re-hashing a lot of what has been probably already said, but I am looking for some feedback on dual flush toilets. We have a lake house with a holding tank, so we really want to reduce water flow.

Any opinions on the following??

Toto Aquia-seems to be liked fairly well, if you can get past installation
Aquia, 500 to 800 grams

Sterling Rockton and Karsten-not powerful enough??? Definitely less expensive though
Rockton, 300 to 325 grams
Karsten, 300 to 350 grams

Mansfield EcoQuantum- I can't seem to find much info on this toilet, but consumer reports rated it well in their last review

Thanks for the input!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I myself have only had experience with two models.

CST414M Toto Aquia- We have it in our main office (mens room) and shared showroom. We have had it installed from the first day it was released and we have 14 men used it daily and customers.
We have never had a problem with it flushing or marking.

Caravelle 270 Caroma- We had this installed in my last company in the counter and shared showroom. We had 5 men and customers using it.
It flushed well but had lots of problems with marking.

herbolaryo

Reaction score
Peanut9199 said:
I myself have only had experience with two models.

CST414M Toto Aquia- We have it in our main office (mens room) and shared showroom. We have had it installed from the first day it was released and we have 14 men used it daily and customers.
We have never had a problem with it flushing or marking.

Caravelle 270 Caroma- We had this installed in my last company in the counter and shared showroom. We had 5 men and customers using it.
It flushed well but had lots of problems with marking.

What is the difference between CST414 and CST414M?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The bowl is a CT414
The tank is a ST413M
Together it's a CST413M

CST means bowl and tank, so there is no CST414 without the M.

dantheman

Reaction score
Caroma vs EcoQuantuum

About 2 years ago we installed a Caroma Caravelle and a Mansfield EcoQuantuum in our big, old (1908) house in Seattle. We've had some issues with the flushing mechanism on the Caroma.. maybe it is defective, but it feels clunky to the push. My housemates complain about it and end up flushing it twice..
Downstairs in the mother-in-law unit we put in the Ecoquantuum because I was concerned I didn't have enough slope in the waste (under 1/4" per ft). I figured the pressure assist on the Mansfiled would help out. It has worked great. It is a bit noisier than the Caroma, which is why we didn't use it up in the other bath that is next to two bedrooms. Also, the small flush is 1 gallon , whereas the Caroma is .8.

We are putting another dual flush in (we have 4 bathrooms) soon, a Toto Aquia.

Also, the Ecoquantuum looks better in and older house - the Caroma has a very modern, non"toilet" look.

Dan

MahliaR

Reaction score
Love the Aquia

aquia_angle.jpg

Toto CST414M with SS114 seat
We have had the Toto Aquia for 1.5 years and it has worked great so far.

We have never had any flushing problems or anything like that...

I do know many plumbers that have complained about the Aquia installation...the installation is a little different from normal, so that can be frustrating for experienced plumbers who actually have to read the directions before they install the Aquia. Just remember that if the plumber is the one selling you the toilet then they might prefer for you to buy one that is easier to install.

Last edited by a moderator:

lars

Reaction score
check out my thread for the aquia. I just installed it . First time drilling through tile; what a pain . the toilet works well and looks great. Easy to get. If your plumber balks at the installation , I would look for one that is familiar with it. If you so it yourself, study the installation plans and be accurate with the template.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks