Another satisfied customer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
Here's one I got today in my e-mail. Last name left out purposly. The above was in the Subject of the email. It was a CSV1/60.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]I purchased the above from you about 4-5 moths ago...i have a geothermal hvac system, 2 zone and about 30 lawn sprinklers on about 7 zones...1 1/2 starite submersible about 80 feet here in ocean county new jersey...just replaced the pump....they constant pressure and the elimination of cycling is outstanding...it may have even reduced electric consumption and i know the elimination of cycling has to be tremendous...thankyou

im thinking about eliminating my two old bladder tanks...and old sears and a perma tank when one of them goes and going with a 42 gal blatter

also the constant pressure at the sprinklers and shower is a very nice benefit

thought you should know of our satisfaction

rich
[/FONT]

R

Rancher

If I had a geothermal HVAC system I would also be considering a CSV valve, a perfect application for it, but how much did his power usage go up?

Rancher

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I had a geothermal HVAC system I would be selecting a pump that would operate at its most efficient point, and I would be reinjecting the water to recover as much energy as possible.

When a pump is operated at its most efficient point, it has a lot of head margin at low flow to get the flow going in the circuit.

If I were using the same well for irrigation or other uses, I would add a second pump in series for the higher pressure requirement.

Running a higher pressure pump and throttling it for a geothermal HVAC system destroys much of the efficiency benefit of the system.

Speedbump

Reaction score
[FONT=arial,helvetica]it may have even reduced electric consumption and i know the elimination of cycling has to be tremendous...thankyou[/FONT]
He says he thinks it went down.

I am not sure what Thinly disguised means.

BobNH, two pumps? Your going to add another pump to a submersible pump system?

bob...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
speedbump said:
BobNH, two pumps? Your going to add another pump to a submersible pump system?
bob...

Not a second pump in the hole; a second pump acting as a second stage, so the pump supplying water to the heat pump can operate at its most efficient point, while the second pump boosts a much smaller amount of water to the higher pressure required for domestic use.

It is not very smart to pump all of the heat pump water to 60 psi just so it can fill the pressure tank. The heat pump usually requires much more water (gallons per day) and usually at less than 15 psi.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your reinventing the wheel again Bob. I don't see how two pumps can be more efficient than one pump running at reduced amps because of the CSV. Not to mention the maintenance being doubled.

bob...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
For engineers the more technical gadgets involved the more it makes sense. They have a hard time grasping simplicity.

SAM

R

Rancher

speedbump said:
He says he thinks it went down.
Tell him I got some beach front property over by Yuma that he can buy real cheap.

Rancher

R

Rancher

Bob, I hope you didn't tell him that it would save him money from less power usage? If you did, I would have a hard time sleeping at night.

And boy are you old.

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
Well your right about the old thing. Ain't nothin I can do about that one.

I never tell anyone they will save on electric. But when they say they think it saves them energy, it may very well be. It would depend on a lot on his circumstances. No two systems are alike.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
In most cases the CSV does reduce energy cost. Sorry if it keeps you up nights trying to figure out how. There are just a few hundred thousand people who have said the CSV has reduced their energy cost, so it must be true. If the VFD pump companies can say they reduce energy consumption, then so does the Cycle Stop Valve, as the principle is the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks