Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck HELP :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Roback

Reaction score
The drain popup in the tub in our house is stuck in the closed position with a small amount of water in the tub. I cannot get it to budge. It doesn't seem like the mechanism is broken as there is tension. I plunged the toilet to see if perhaps there was a vacuum in the drain line that wouldn't discharge but that didn't do a thing. Any ideas how I can get this open. We have no working showers currently as the remodel is just finished and the stone in the showers is not sealed! So this bathtub is really important. It is a relatively new 6 mos assembly that is fairly modern in nature with a large curved handle that pulls up or pushes down to open and close. Any help would be immensly appreciated.

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
Is there two screws that hold the lever on the tub?

If so remove them and see if you can pull the assembly out of the tub, make adjustments after out and reassemble.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks