Torch Troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't use my torch much. I carry one small cylinder of propane and one small cylinder of MAPP. Both tanks have only been used a couple of times. They are stored on their sides in a toolbox in my Jeep, and they don't have any room to move around.

The MAPP still works fine. I get a nice sharp blue cone that stays lit. The propane, however, goes out the second I take the lighter away, and while it's lit, there is a lot of yellow in the flame, and the flame is not conical. The pressure in both tanks seem to be about the same.

Did something happen to that tank over time? I only have one tip. But the propane worked fine before with it.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
What's the torch? Any clog in the tip? Is the tip a dual-fuel type? I used Surefire pushbutton-ignition torches back when they had a separate tip for Mapp gas. As for the tanks themselves, I just go by weight, as far as how much use is left.

soldering_kit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks