PVC SDR35 versus PVC SCH40

Users who are viewing this thread

gdavis62

Reaction score
I can tell from reading specs how these two pipe types differ. My question is about usage.

The pic shows the plan view of the underslab waste and soil drains in a house being built. The line exits the house at the bottom of the drawing, and heads for the septic tank.

The main spine of the underslab spider is 4" at the suggestion of our plumber. Because the branch fittings are SCH40 PVC, the majority of the line under the slab needs to be SCH40 PVC.

My question is, where can we transition from SCH40 to SDR35? We fall under the IPC, and the limited code refs I have do not clarify this for me.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,113

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pvc

Outside the building, but, I personally, would not transition to the thin wall pipe. It can only cause problems down the road. Stay with sch. 40, even though it costs a few cents more.

HandyAndy

General Contractor, Farmer
Reaction score
And sleeve it going through the foundation or wall unless it is completely under the footer,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks