Just bought a new Toto UltraMax...worried about the rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

ghymes

Reaction score
Sorry. this may have been posted before, but I am worried here. I JUST ordered the new Toto UltraMax with a 12" rough-in because he said that's the only way it came. I know my existing toilet measures 10" from the wall to the bolts...

CAN I use the UNIFIT adapter (TSU01W.10 Toto 10" Unifit Rough In Adapter) with the Toto UltraMax? I don't think it has the skirted base.

I have a new house. Everyone tells me I am nuts for thinking I have a 10" rough-in, but the measuring doesn't lie. I guess the "plumbers" weren't too good at measuring in inches.

Any help is appreciated!

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
No you can't use a Ultramax for a 10" rough-in. You would need a skirted toilet with a 10" uni-fit.
Your best bet is the MS874114SG Carlyle it has the G-max flush and Sana-gloss.

ghymes

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice on that other model. I like it. I didn't think it would work with the ultramax. The guy that sold it to me was insistant that I don't have a 10" rough-in...so maybe I measuing something wrong. He told me not to lose my hair over this. :) I'll have to wait for my plumber to arrive.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Depending on how the house is constructed, sometimes the plumber HAS to make it a 10" or 14" rough, but not because he cannot read a ruler. Otherwise he has to do what I did on one project and tell the carpenter, "Either you cut the joist and header it off, or I will, but it will be a lot easier to repair it if you do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks