(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Just bought a new Toto UltraMax...worried about the rough-in

Default Just bought a new Toto UltraMax...worried about the rough-in

Sorry. this may have been posted before, but I am worried here. I JUST ordered the new Toto UltraMax with a 12" rough-in because he said that's the only way it came. I know my existing toilet measures 10" from the wall to the bolts...

CAN I use the UNIFIT adapter (TSU01W.10 Toto 10" Unifit Rough In Adapter) with the Toto UltraMax? I don't think it has the skirted base.

I have a new house. Everyone tells me I am nuts for thinking I have a 10" rough-in, but the measuring doesn't lie. I guess the "plumbers" weren't too good at measuring in inches.

Any help is appreciated!

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

No you can't use a Ultramax for a 10" rough-in. You would need a skirted toilet with a 10" uni-fit.
    Your best bet is the MS874114SG Carlyle it has the G-max flush and Sana-gloss.

Thank you for the advice on that other model. I like it. I didn't think it would work with the ultramax. The guy that sold it to me was insistant that I don't have a 10" rough-in...so maybe I measuing something wrong. He told me not to lose my hair over this. I'll have to wait for my plumber to arrive.

Default toilet

Depending on how the house is constructed, sometimes the plumber HAS to make it a 10" or 14" rough, but not because he cannot read a ruler. Otherwise he has to do what I did on one project and tell the carpenter, "Either you cut the joist and header it off, or I will, but it will be a lot easier to repair it if you do it.