(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Bathroom renovation

DIY Junior Member

Default Bathroom renovation

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the forum, looks like a great site for advice and tips on bathroom remodeling. I will defiantly need some on my upcoming project, and I hope I can give some back in return, the overview of my project is to totally remodel my upstairs bathroom in (4) phases.
    Phase (1) to build a corner shower, complete with body jets.
    Phase (2) remove existing bath/shower combo and toilet, tiles flooring etc.
    Phase (3) to install new floor, wall coverings and install a new ceiling.
    Phase (4) install a 1929 48” claw foot tub, new toilet and pedestal sink.

On the mechanical side of this project, there will be a lot of plumbing work a small amount of electrical and ventilation. All of the above phases pose their own problems to which I will defiantly need advice on; the bathroom is not that big 9’-6 x 6’-1”, I will be taking my time on this project.

Right now I’m just starting the base design for the shower plumbing, I have control over piping runs and materials etc. but not the city water supply (flow/pressure) I don’t think I will need a shower pump, but would install one as a last resort, I should have completed my water testing and hydraulically calculated my piping layout to the shower head and body jets within a week, I will keep you posted, also I have just created a blog but there is nothing on there right now I will be posting pictures and details there as the project moves along, when it gets going I will post the link.

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clive
    totally remodel my upstairs bathroom ... 9’-6" x 6’-1”
    a corner shower
    1929 48” claw foot tub, new toilet and pedestal sink.
    I like your 4-phase plan of attack, but be very careful about your overall layout. That many fixtures in a relatively small space might be difficult to plumb for drains without compromising your floor joists.

DIY Junior Member

Cool

The toilet position will not be changing; my existing bath drain will do fine for the claw foot, all the plumbing and drains for the new shower and sink will in a false ceiling above my front door, no joist cutting.

Clive

DIY Junior Member

Default Water test data

Here are the results from my water tests.

Clive
    Attached Files Attached Files