shallow well problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jmiller390

Reaction score
i jetted down a shallow well over the last few weeks, i put in a 3" casing down about 14' then jetting down with a 1 1/4" pvc line down about 19'. i pulled out my suction line and measured the water it is 9' down from the surface leaving me with about 10' of water in the well. i rebuilt my suction line putting a 4' well point on the end and 6" above that i put a check valve, hooked up to a 1/2 shallow well pump primed the pump and it seems to only want to pump out the water that i primed the suction line with. i took everything apart checked the check valve seems to be ok i even moved it up a few ft in the line thinking maybe it was to far under water and still no real flow. i can pull out my suction line and still measure 10' of water in the caseing. i took everything apart today and backflowed threw the well point thinking sand might be traped in there and then rehooked up everything and still no real flow. it gets me cause i can see water in my caseing and know it is 10' deep but can not get it to the surface. any ideas? thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks