tub spout/diverter replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

copil

Reaction score
I have not been able to find a replacement for a 15 yr old tub spout/diverter (brass finish). The tub spout is about 6+ inches long but has an elongated plastic nipple inside that runs the entire length of the spout. The entire length of the nipple is threaded at 1" in diameter and screws directly into the water pipe, in order for the spout to be flush against the tub wall.

Without any success, I've looked at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware (which took over our local hardware store which has been around for 50 yrs), and on the internet. Any suggestions on where I can find the replacement part? Thank you

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Take pictures and post them here. That plastic part is not what you are looking for.....the nipple turning out of the wall whether copper or brass should be 1/2" IPS and most if not all replacements will work.

They made a tub spout years ago that weighed a few pounds and had a specific thread at the wall that was hard to find, fine threaded as well. I'm glad I work with homes that are normally no older than 30 years old.

The real old homes where the customer wants a rebuld/repair over replacement have you running to supply houses constantly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
spout

That was either a proprietary, or replacement spout because the manufacturers never used that type. The closest you will come, other than "generic fit all" spouts is a Delta "pull down diverter" which is similar, but not as long an adapter, but does give a wide latitude for adjustment to the wall. It will be rather expensive in polished brass, however, although anything polished brass is going to be somewhat expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks