The last step finally,but i want to use the right sealer on this ceramic tile floor

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY

Reaction score
Before going to the john bridge's tile site i thought i would check here. Has anyone had experience with a sealer product called One step grout sealer a division of tile guard and precision components by Homax? The sealer comes in a 15 ounce spray can. Thanks all!

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
never used it but i wouldn't feel comfortable using it either because of the manufacturer and especially because of the the spray on application method. The manufacturer makes stuff that HD sells, so that in itself is not a recommendation; I have used their products. Not bad but nothing special either.

david

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sealing grout is really quite easy, a spray-on isn't worth the possibility of having to breath in that stuff, some of which can be quite toxic. My guess is that if you read the fine print on the thing is says to use in a well ventilated room. One brand has been known to put people in the hospital. Stick with the liquids, ultimately cheaper and you'll have less overspray to clean up. Aquamix and Stone Tec make good products. Haven't had good results from at least some of the TileLab stuff. Haven't tried them all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks