Kinetico Softener Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

T Bone

Reaction score
This will probably seem like an easy fix to most ... but it's the first I've ever had to deal with a softener issue.
I recently filled our Kinetico with salt but just 3 or 4 days later we started seeing some rust streaks in the toilet bowls through the house. After checking the salt tank (just to make sure I wasn't nuts and that I had actually filled it) I found that it was completely empty of salt and over half full of water.
Any ideas on what I need to look at or check concerning this???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!!!

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
It sounds like your valve head isn't working properly and all of your salt is going down the drain. There should be a way to rotate your valve thru the different stages for a recharge such as fill, brine, backwash, rinse, service. check to see if this valve rotates and makes different sounds at each position. When it is in the service position with no water being used in the house there should be no sound. Next, start a recharge and make sure that the motor actually is moving the valve to the different positions. Let us know what you find.

T Bone

Reaction score
Spaceman,
I ended up removing the float in the tube of the salt tank and cleaning everything up good and then resetting the cycle as you were talking about.
Seems to be working again ... and really was not a big deal to get everything cleaned and looking nice and new.
I really appreciate the help and feedback on this. It was the first time I had posted on this site but with the help you have given and from what I've seen reading some other topics ... I'll be back.
Thanks again!!!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
That model uses the float in the brine well in the brine tank to set the salt dose. Obviously you had something allowing a leak of water into the brine tank. That brand also allows full line water pressure on the brine line and that float when the unit is in service. IMO a terrible design. Lucky you that you decided to clean the salt tank and prevent a potentially large water leak onto your floor. The above applies to their non-electric (no motor) water powered control valves.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

pengun21us

Reaction score
kinetico water overload

I too cleaned the salt tank and, unfortunately, took apart the float tube assembly. Now it just fills the tank with water, when I manually regenerate the cycle.

Any ideas?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks