Bosch Dishwasher and drain line issue

Users who are viewing this thread

MrBrindAmour

Reaction score
I am installing (well, having installed) a Bosch Integra 500 series dishwasher.

The distance from the current dishwasher is about 10 feet maybe a bit more. The drain line that is supplied and attached to the dishwasher is only six feet at best.

I am concerned about extending the length on the drainline as I do not want to burn out the drain pump or otherwise damage the dishwasher.

Does anyone have any comments or advice? Thank you in advance.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Won't hurt the pump. You could extend it with hose designed for that. What I did on mine (I'm not a pro, though) is run a PVC line. I put hose barbs on each end and attached the dw to one end with a hose clamp, and used another piece at the other end to connect to the garbage disposer stub on the sink after running it up to the top of the counter. Some places require an air gap, and it makes sense. I felt the PVC was likely to last longer than a hose, especially where I was going to put it since I wouldn't have access readily available.

bosch-drain-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks