Elbows

Users who are viewing this thread

vst

Reaction score
Quick question: What does the plumbing code say about sharp 90 degree elbows? I picked these up instead of the rounded 90 degree elbows for CPVC connections inside the house.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Don't know about the code, but they'll create some turbulance and reduce the ultimate flow capabilities of the piping system.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
vst said:
Quick question: What does the plumbing code say about sharp 90 degree elbows? I picked these up instead of the rounded 90 degree elbows for CPVC connections inside the house.

Thanks[/QUOTE

CPVC is for water pipe. Most of the time it dosen't matter which way you want to run them, if you are talking about pvc for a drainage system, short fittings are used on horizontal to vertical, and long sweeps are used from vertical to horizontal, luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks