Pulling my sand point

Users who are viewing this thread

Wet Willy

Reaction score
How dose a guy get these things out of the ground? I am building a cabin and wanted a sand point for a well the water table is around 25' to 35' according to wells that are drilled in the area the wells are drilled from 40' to 60' but till I found this out I pounded in a 1 1/4" pipe to 35 feet and I have about 2' or so of water in the pipe. Now I know I have to go to a 2" pipe so I can reach a good amount of water I figure I will go to 60' at best guess at this time but would like to get the other out, I have got it to move about a foot out and that's it I have a 2000 lbs winch and a 2ton floor jack and a 1.5 ton bottle jack on it and it will not move any more. Please help. Thanks

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Here You go Bud

I use to live an build on Cape Cod. I put in 7 wells with sand points. To pull them get 2 -4x4"s or 4x6 s about
12 ft long .drill and install a 3/4" carriage bolt on one end . lock 2 pipe wrenches facing each other around pipe
With a large block as a fulcrum pusn down on the end of the lever. keep repeating this untill it's out

HandyAndy

General Contractor, Farmer
Reaction score
There are times when a good tractor loader can not pull a fence post 2 to 3 feet in the ground out, jsut yesterday I had a 1/2 smooth rod electric fence post that I had to use the tractor loader on jsut 12" deep.

Unless the pipe is loose, (like the above post can be turned or moved) my guess is you will have to dig down cut off the pipe seal it up properly for an abandon well and forget it,

do a Google search for "plugging abandon well" and your "state" to find the proper ways of doing it,

usually it is a form of filling it and sealing it so no transfer of liquids can reach the ground water, and some form of a cement cap.

and if you do have to abandon it, DO SEAL IT UP PROPERLY for your own protection, it is your water your drinking.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I think your spinning your wheels. You only have 2 feet of water at thirty some feet and your planning on going to 60 feet by hand. I don't see the likliehood of that. I honestly think your going to need a driller to do this for you.

bob...

Wet Willy

Reaction score
I hear that speedbump .I would like to get this one out for I would have a good start at the 2" I hear you can drive these things in with a jack hammer anyone ever try that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks