Two Pressure Tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

garyrice

Reaction score
I have a 2 gpm well ( along with all of my neighbors). The pressure tank is a 36 gallon bladder one. We run out of water often and the pump controller cuts out. I propose to put a 119 gallon one in its place and put the 36 gallon one in parallel in the garage - 8' away on same level.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Also, the pump pressures up the 36 gallon tank in less than a minute from "0". Should I throttle it down, replace it with a smaller one, or?

Also, there is a check valve in the well line just before it connects to the tee at the base of the tank. There is uite a vibration when the pump shuts off. Should I take it out?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Gary

R

Rancher

garyrice said:
I have a 2 gpm well
In my opinion, and you'll run into several opinions here, is that a 1-3 gpm well should feed into a cistern, and you should pressurize your pressure tank from that water. You would have to throttle back your well pump to keep it from running the well dry.
garyrice said:
Also, there is a check valve in the well line just before it connects to the tee at the base of the tank. There is uite a vibration when the pump shuts off. Should I take it out?
You didn't say if you had a submersible pump, if you do, then take it out.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks